THANK YOU! It's been an incredible year, and we couldn't have done it without you.
Here are some of the things your pressure helped us accomplish this year:
- Winning negotiations to keep six Minnesota families in their homes, including Gayle Lindsey, Caylin Crawford, Rose McGee, Genet Beyene, Paula Medlock, and Ann Haines
- Stopping the evictions of Sergio Ceballos and Jaymie Kelly
- Housing 18 people experiencing homelessness in liberated vacant homes
- Passing a Minnesota Homeowner Bill of Rights to ban dual tracking and other foreclosure abuses statewide
- Forcing the Minneapolis Police to minimize their role in assisting the banks with evictions
- Confirming a new, more homeowner-friendly director to the Federal Housing Finance Agency, which oversees half of all mortgages
- Spurring federal investigations into some of the "too big to jail" bankers who crashed the economy
- Building leadership among homeowners and residents of liberated homes
Next year we have big plans to build our power even further by pressuring the banks and the city to negotiate with underwater homeowners--and turn abandoned foreclosed homes into affordable housing for the most vulnerable in our society. We believe that we can win--but we'll need all the support we can get!
Contributing to Occupy Homes MN helps keep people--and money--in our communities, when Wall Street is trying to drive both out. We're not on the end-of-year giving lists for big banks and the 1%--we are truly a people-powered movement, and we rely on small contributions from individuals.
Can you chip in to help us grow in 2014? Any amount helps!
Thanks so much for all your support. We're looking forward to an even bigger 2014!