Occupy Homes is an extremely active community organization with many, many opportunities to get involved - we need your voice at actions, meetings and events!
Come to a meeting - see calendar
The best way to learn more about Occupy Homes MN and get involved is to come to a meeting or event. We meet every Saturday at noon in the home of Jaymie Kelly, who is fighting for her foreclosed home, at 3753 11th Ave S, Minneapolis. Everyone is welcome!
Become a member - sign up now!
Members sustain the core work of the Occupy Homes MN movement can vote on proposals during membership meetings. We ask that members:
- Attend at least one meeting and one event every three months.
- Pay dues. Standard membership is $10/month (please let us know if you need this requirement waived).
Get swag - or just donate (thank you!)
Show your support! Usually available at rallies and other community events:
- The yard sign - "Stop Foreclosure and Evictions Now!" $10 donation suggested.
- The book - Fannie and Freddie, a rhyming picture book about the housing crisis by Becky Z. Dernbach. $10.
- The t-shirt - union made, modeled by Caylin below. Sizes S and M currently available. $10.
- The patch - also modeled by Caylin! $3 donation suggested.
Where is all that hard-earned cash going?
- Signs, banners, flyers and other printed materials
- Spaces, food and other expenses for events
- Stipends for long-term projects
To be specific...
- $5 prints 100 union made flyers
- $10 makes 1 union-made t-shirt
- $25 makes 4 union-made yard signs
- $50 supplies a neighborhood canvass
- $100 supports the kick off event of a homeowner