Text @occupyhomes to 23559 or click here to sign up for eviction alerts.
Why we fight
- Homelessness in Hennepin County is the highest on record, up 50% since 2006
- Affordable housing in the Twin Cities is almost impossible to find
- We're currently losing 9 homes a day to foreclosure in Minneapolis
- 44% of all homeowners in our neighborhoods owe more than their homes are worth
- There are 3.5 million homeless people in the country, while 18 million houses sit vacant
We're ready to hold Wall Street accountable on a bigger scale than ever before. City by city, we're going to force banks to the table to prevent foreclosures, turn vacant homes into community-controlled affordable housing, and reclaim our communities' wealth. Minneapolis is next!
This is an Eviction Free Zone. We shall NOT be moved!