Text @occupyhomes to 23559 or click here to sign up for eviction alerts.
Join us Tuesday, March 18 at 11:30am, Hennepin County Govt Center:
Residents of two liberated vacant homes are under attack! Stand with us and show the courts that they need to prosecute the banks that are destroying our communities, NOT people just looking for a stable home! Read more.
Why we fight
- We're currently losing 9 homes a day to foreclosure in Minneapolis
- 835 families in our neighborhoods have lost their homes since 2007
- 44% of all homeowners in our neighborhoods owe more than their homes are worth
- Every night, 500 families are in shelters and another 800 people sleep on the streets
- There are 3.5 million homeless people in the country, while 18 million houses sit vacant
This is an Eviction Free Zone. We shall NOT be moved!