Text @occupyhomes to 23559 or click here to sign up for eviction alerts.
Help fill shifts at Jaymie's house! Fill out this awesome purple form! >>
Jaymie Kelly is currently engaged in active eviction defense. She has lived in her house for 30 years and put $425,000 toward her mortgage - effectively paying for the house five times over. Jaymie ran into a predatory lender after her husband died, and soon the day came when she couldn't balance the bills any longer. Chase demanded she pay $255,000 for her home before auctioning it off in a sheriff's sale. The Minneapolis Police Department could come at any moment and we need your help to be ready. Read more about Jaymie.
Why we fight
- We're currently losing 9 homes a day to foreclosure in Minneapolis
- 835 families in our neighborhoods have lost their homes since 2007
- 44% of all homeowners in our neighborhoods owe more than their homes are worth
- Every night, 500 families are in shelters and another 800 people sleep on the streets
- There are 3.5 million homeless people in the country, while 18 million houses sit vacant
This is an Eviction Free Zone. We shall NOT be moved!